Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Dark Times

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on here. Do I blame it on the fact that I have too many blogs or being lazy or losing my writing voice or just digging out from the shock of what has happened to our country since that horrible election back in 2016. Dark times indeed and a time for women to unite and fight to take back our country and what is owed to us by law. This is not a time to segregate into our little groups of us. The us is we and no longer them when it comes to women. Supporting each other and cheering on those loud voices we are hearing that are pro people is a good way to start. Admittedly, I have been focused on my little family of four cats and a husband because that is where I get my greatest joy and escape from the daily horror that is the news.
The next election is going to be so important to our continued existence as a democracy. While I consider myself a social progressive, I am also looking at this next election in very practical terms. The current administration must go! I'm afraid that the best way to achieve this is to have a middle of the road candidate to run against the Republican. I also feel this should be a man. Yes you heard it from the feminist. While I can't wait to see things move forward in this country, I also strongly feel that this is not the time where a progressive candidate will win. The people need a candidate that won't challenge their feeling of status quo too much. So what I am saying is let's do practical over progressive just one more time, at least for the Presidential race. Grass roots races may just be heading towards more progressive grounds which is fantastic. Building a base of radicals that will move on up and into higher positions is what I'm looking for for the short term. When the primaries come, vote your heart, but once the candidate is chosen, be sure to vote smart. A three way race will guarantee a re-election. It's a numbers fact. Remember, a middle of the road President surrounded by a progressive Congress is likely to start the ball rolling in the right direction. Food for thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

 

A Pirate With Pigtails Design by Insight © 2009